• Dawes Super Galaxy

• Product rating
  • Date

“Superb for touring”

published 11/11/2000

Sturdy reliable and fast than a car arround town

None

Having just completed 1000 mile Lands End- John Ogroats on a super galaxy I can do nothing but praise it. Before starting the trip it was about 3yrs old and had been cycled hard. I made some slight modifications an put on spd cleats, suspention seat post and Terrys saddle and Panracer kevlar slik...

> Read review

published 30/03/2008

Used 2004 Super Galaxy coast to coast USA - over 4,000 miles. Replaced Schwalbe Marathon tyres with Marathon Plus 700 x 38c - highly recommended - NO punctures. Replaced saddle with cheap Bontrager compressed foam (my preference). Replaced rubbish front pannier rack with a Tubus but rear rack was fine. Spokes, wheels, gears, frame, headset, chain set (all the important bits) PERFECT for whole journey. I damaged (my fault - by overtightening) Shorty 4 brakes - spares were difficult to find in US. Excellent handling full touring load. VERY good touring bike. Excellent frame. Gearing took in the Appalachians, Rockies no problem. Now have over 8,000 miles and only service was new pedals and chain. Wouldn't have swapped it for any other bike I saw on the road.