Home > Sports & Outdoors > Bikes > Hybrid Bikes > Marin Hybrid Bikes > Marin San Rafael City Bike

• Marin San Rafael City Bike

• Product rating
  • Date

“Tour de Northumberland”

published 09/04/2005

Lightweight, sturdy, stylish and very versatile

Expensive

My brother and I had a flimsy agreement in youth to share a bike so we could get a better more expensive model instead of two more inferior ones. Once our parents bought the BMX Mongoose you didn’t see my brother and his mates for dust all summer. Twenty years on, last year, he suggested the same...

> Read review

VFM, Light, good components, nice seating position

Not a mountain bike

I already owned an ageing Raleigh racing bike, and I always felt that I would enjoy cycling more if I was not battling against the bike so much. So this year, I bought myself a San Rafael City Bike, by Marin. I am suprised to see that Marin were not already in the ciao headings. I don't know a...

> Read review

published 29/08/2008

I think that the San Rafael is one of the best hybrid / touring bikes on the market, and at such a good price. I have ridden my 8 year old bike from Lands End to Berwick and from Stranraer to Duncansby Head (the real 'end to end') and intend to do Cherbourg to the Med. I have never had a more comfortable ridding positon on a bike or one that has been so reliable. Its lightness still allows for a three- piece pannier and front handle bar tool box and suits my 'style' of cycling which is built around persistance rather than speed! If you don't have loads of dosh and you good all-round bike, this is the one. Ray B. Leek, Staffs.